What Is My First Step If I Am Considering Abortion?
Before considering an abortion near Laguna Niguel, CA, you need to verify you are pregnant and how far along you are so you know all of the options available to you. At Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic and our Mobile Clinic we offer pregnancy testing, abortion consults, and limited ultrasounds all at no cost to you.
It’s important to know that you do not have to face this alone. Abortion may seem like the best decision for an unplanned pregnancy, but there is a lot to consider before visiting an abortion clinic. You can make an informed decision if you know what to expect from the procedure and understand the risks.
Your first step is to make an appointment at Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic to verify pregnancy and review your options.
No-cost Abortion Consult Includes:
- lab-quality pregnancy testing
- limited ob ultrasound (based on LMP) given by a licensed medical professional
- factual up-to-date information on current abortion procedures
- risks and procedures of medical abortion
- risks and procedures of surgical abortion
- referrals for limited STD/STI testing and treatment, community resources and other practical help
What You Should Know
The Importance Of Ultrasound
An ultrasound will verify the gestational age of the fetus. This is especially helpful if you have irregular periods, have frequent spotting, or are not sure when you had your last period.
Ultrasound also determines the viability of the pregnancy. This is important since 20% – 25% of first trimester pregnancies end in miscarriage. Should the ultrasound reveal that the fetus is growing outside of the uterus (known as an ectopic pregnancy), you will be given instructions for immediate medical attention, as this condition can be life-threatening.
If You Have An STD/STI
You may have an STD or STI (sexually transmitted disease or infection) even if you are not experiencing any symptoms.
- undiagnosed, untreated STD/STIs can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, an infection of the uterus, that can affect your long-term health and future pregnancies.
- Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic offers free referrals for STD/STI testing & treatment
Coerced abortion is illegal. You are the only one legally allowed to decide which option is right for your unintended pregnancy. No one (parent or partner) can force you into an abortion, even if you are a minor.