After Abortion Care
If your abortion has affected you in some way, you are not alone. Many women have found healing from their abortion experience and now walk in true freedom. And you can too. You can make a choice to heal and be restored. We are here to help.
We offer a confidential, safe, and non-judgmental environment in which you can talk and consider group support if you choose.
Although not all women and men who experience abortion experience problems afterward, many do. Immediately following an abortion, you may feel a sense of relief that the crisis is over. After the abortion, the sense of relief may be replaced by some of the following:
- Clinical Depression and Anxiety
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Eating disorders
- Symptoms consistent with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Recurring nightmares or flashbacks to the abortion experience
- Suicidal thoughts and behavior
To see if any of these side effects may be affecting you read and answer the questions below.
- Are you uncomfortable telling others about your abortion experience?
- Do you find yourself striving to prove that you are a good mother or person?
- Do you grieve the loss of your child?
- Do you think bad things have, or will happen to you because of your abortion?
- Do you engage in self-punishing attitudes or behaviors since your abortion?
- Have you experienced anger and/or unforgiveness connected to your abortion?
- Do you avoid situations that remind you of your abortion?
- Do you maintain unhealthy relationships or unhealthy friendships with men?
- Do you view yourself differently after your abortion?
- Do you feel alone with your emotional pain?
If you have answered Yes to any of these questions and would like to explore freedom from a past abortion experience, we can help.
At the Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic we have trained staff who can help you work through issues that you think may be related to a past abortion. For more information on our post-abortion support click here.
make an appointment
If you are sexually active and are concerned that you may be pregnant, make an appointment for a pregnancy test at Pregnancy Resource Center Medical Clinic. The Clinic will answer your questions and provide you with factual information in order for you to make an informed decision. If you are pregnant, you may qualify for a limited ultrasound at no cost to you. All of our services are free and confidential.